Atlantic Motorsport Park, occupying a 377 acre site just outside Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia, is a 2.5km (1.6 mile) 11 turn road circuit with over 100 feet of variation in elevation. It has been a regular host for a variety of regional and national motorsports events on both two and four wheels.
AMP was built in 1973-1974 by a not-for-profit company, Atlantic Motorsport Park Inc., founded by member car and bike racing clubs with the help of a collection of businessmen-racers such as Jack Canfield, Frank McCarthy, Dave Fram, Murray Edwards, Don Hogan and Ronnie Locke.
The track was designed by then-architecture student Robert Guthrie who, after finishing his final term in Europe and being bitten by the racing bug in the UK, returned to Canada to complete the final project of his degree — the design of Atlantic Motorsport Park. Using elements of tracks he had visited in Europe, he designed what he describes as “a real driver’s track”.
Finally, in 1974, after numerous delays, the track opened with the Player’s Maritime Formula Atlantic race. The asphalt had been laid only two days before the practice and qualifying sessions, making for slippery conditions. Then, on race day, 15,000 fans turned out in the pouring rain to watch Bill Brack win the 1974 Canadian championship.
In subsequent years, AMP saw many rising stars pass through, such as Keke Rosberg, Bobby Rahal and Gilles Villeneuve, who clinched the 1976 Player’s Challenge Formula Atlantic Canadian Championship at AMP, beating out former champion, Bill Brack.
Directions to Atlantic Motorsport Park
- Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km)
- At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee’s Corner)
- Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign)
- Drive 2km, turn right (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign)
- After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km
- Turn Right on Racetrack Road (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign)
- Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
For Fans and Spectators
Entry for TRAC Races:
$10 per person or $20 per car load at the gate house
- Kids 13 and under FREE
- Waiver signature required
- Includes parking and camping
- Includes paddock and infield access – take a walk through the paddock to see the cars up close and meet the drivers!
Atlantic Motorsport Park facilities include:
- Grandstands with excellent vantage points around the track
- Excellent non-serviced camping areas
- Gravel and grass parking
- Access to the infield via road through the tunnel
- Food service may be on site for certain events – check event listings on our Facebook for details!
*NOTE: Tower is currently closed to spectators due to COVID-19. However, once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the first floor of the tower will be available as a spectator viewing area.
Car Shows and Car Corrals
We’re happy to help you host a car show or car corral at the Atlantic Motorsport Park during a TRAC weekend!
Email us for more information and to pre-arrange your event.